Contact the Firm
Divorce Litigation and Mediation Services Throughout the Tri-Valley Area and East Bay
Attorney Michael P. McDeavitt is a California Certified Family Law Specialist with over twenty years of experience. His practice is dedicated exclusively to family law. He is a graduate of the University of California at Berkeley and the University of California, Hastings College of the Law. He has served as a Judge Pro Tem for the Superior Court of California, Alameda County. Mr. McDeavitt is a former military intelligence officer who served with the U.S. Army’s 1st Battalion, 4th Infantry Regiment, at Hohenfels, Germany.
Our firm helps our clients go through divorce and mediation in a timely, cost-effective and equitable manner. We will do everything we can to help you achieve a lasting compromise with your spouse. However, when settlement is not possible, we are not afraid to aggressively represent your interests in court.
Questions? Contact our office to discuss your family law case at no cost to you.
Conveniently located in Pleasanton near the 580/680 interchange and the Stoneridge Mall.
While some lawyers may encourage feelings of hostility and resentment between spouses, this mentality only benefits the attorneys themselves, who profit from cases that can take years to litigate through the courts.
At our firm, couples can achieve better results in significantly less time – and at a greatly reduced cost – by attempting to work together on a compromise that is agreeable for both parties. As an experienced mediator and Certified Family Law Specialist with over 20 years of experience, Michael McDeavitt will help guide you through the process and make sure that you are satisfied with the outcome. However, if mediation is not right for you, Mr. McDeavitt has the education and the experience to aggressively protect your rights. Offering diligent service and transparent fees, our firm will keep you informed every step of the way.
Unlike other firms, we do not charge for:
- Secretarial phone calls
- Credit card fees
- Water (really – we can’t believe lawyers charge for that either!)
Areas Of Practice
- Divorce mediation — Mediating with your spouse costs less, takes less time, and often produces a more lasting agreement than the court system can provide. Find out what our firm offers through mediation.
- Divorce litigation — Some things shouldn’t be compromised. If mediation is not an option for you, our firm can aggressively fight to protect your rights.
- Child support and spousal support — The amount you pay in child support and alimony is within your control as long as you agree to it with your spouse. Take your case to court, and you relinquish that control. We can help you have a say in what you pay and receive what you deserve in support.
- Child visitation and parenting plans — Creating the right schedule for your child is a necessary and challenging part of divorce. Our firm will do our best to get you a fair schedule with minimal conflict.
- Property division — California state law views partners in a marriage as a team, with each member having equal share in property or debt acquired during the marriage, with certain exceptions. We can help you maintain ownership of your assets and protect you from your spouse’s extramarital debt.
- Domestic violence – Being the victim or perpetrator of domestic violence can have a significant effect on your child’s custody, your spouse’s and your own visitation rights, and the child and spousal support you pay or receive. Speak with our Certified Family Law Specialist to learn how domestic violence can affect your case.
- Prenuptial agreements – A prenuptial agreement can have an impact on your finances and property that can impact you for the rest of your life. It is absolutely critical that the drafting and the execution of the agreement be done in compliance with the law.
- Modification of divorce decrees – Not happy with the results of your divorce? Contact our firm to see what we can do for you.
Contact Us Regarding Your Family Law Issue
Divorce can be stressful and emotionally draining experience, but it doesn’t have to culminate in an expensive, drawn-out legal battle. We can help you reach a long-term resolution with your spouse and save you time and money in the process. However, if mediation is not for you, we can and will fight for your rights in court.